Monday, December 20, 2004

I frequently think of websites as Winchester Mystery Houses

This Is My House - Let's Build A City:

Have you ever thought about your blog as your house? And your contacts with other bloggers resembling "life between buildings"? Well, I hadn't until I read this paper about blog communities.



The authors use the city metaphor to find a way of describing - understanding - a very interesting question, even a paradox: How can the existence of highly personal spaces guarded by individuals result in the emergence of social structures?



The way I see it, this question is fundamental to business blogging as well as personal blogging. You can have many different reasons to start a corporate blog, but building strong relationships with people must be among the most common ones.


(in: web_management)