Sunday, August 15, 2004

i-neighbors

i-neighbors:

I-neighbors is a FREE online community that connects people to neighbors in their local community. Unlike other websites that allow global, national, or city-wide communication, I-Neighbors links members of a single neighborhood, defined by the people that create them

I-neighbors was created by a team of researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). These services were designed to encourage neighborhood participation and to help people form local social ties. We believe that the Internet can help people connect to their local communities and to create neighborhoods that are safer, better informed, more trusting, and better equipped to deal with local issues. I-neighbors helps communities build "neighborhood social capital" by providing a place for neighbors to find each other, share information and work together to solve local problems.

Haven't dug through this yet but I'm looking forward to it.

(via Smart Mobs)